Today, I am pleased to introduce the holy grail of a flower brooch collection {obsession}: the flower brooch bouquet.
created this "Beautiful Vintage Brooch Bridal Bouquet"using 50 {fifty!!} vintage flower brooches from antique shops. It is made-to-order, so, of course, no two bouquets will be the same {as no two flower pins are the same}. You can also order a coordinating grosgrain ribbon bouquet to toss, which is a brilliant way to get around risking the life of your flower pins on all the single ladies.
{She also has very cool homemade clothes that would go fabulously with any flower pin collection}
The Ritzy Rose offers custom-made flower brooch bouquets in three sizes: small {5-6"}, medium {7-8"}, and large {8.5-9.5"}. The colors are gorgeous and very creatively assembled. I cannot get enough of the purple, blue, and navy bouquet shown above. {Purple flower pins are the most elusive in my humble opinion so this bouquet was up for a challenge.} These two bouquets, along with many more, can be found on her etsy site but you must also peruse her website {www.ritzyrose.com} where the photography alone is divine enough to take a few hours out of your day. Not only will you have a lasting piece from your wedding but, if you want a more day-to-day option, you can choose your favorite brooch from the bouquet and she will make a lovely piece of jewelry for you. One more thing: have a flower pin collection of your own, each with your own stories and memories? She will make that into a bouquet for you at a discount. Fantastic. {By the way, how great is that owl?}
Listed as the "Biggest Baddest Bridal Brooch Bouquet," I love the antiquity of this piece. If you are looking for a classic vintage wedding, this one is for you. One thing MsSuzyShopper emphasizes {as do other bouquet makers} is the idea of passing on these marvelous creations to your children. Real flowers dry out, dress styles change, shoes are different sizes, flower brooches are forever.
PosyPoshStudio:
What is the one thing that can enhance a flower brooch bouquet? A giant coffee-tinted rhinestone brooch placed just off-center for effect. I love it. PosyPosh emphasizes making these already one-of-a-kind bouquets truly yours by adding a special piece into the mix. She suggests anything from a "jeweled spider" to a "religious symbol" to make this unique just to you. I would have to pick...a ladybug, or a four-leaf clover, or a giant coffee-tinted rhinestone brooch. The second image is a masterpiece to me because it gives each bridesmaid a brightly colored bouquet but offers the bride a more traditional white collection. What a fantastic idea and an amazing gift for the lovely ladies you have asked to stand by your side.
Noaki:
I understand not everyone is a fan of the brightly colored vintage enamel look. {Ok, I don't understand but a girl can pretend.} If you are looking for something more traditional, yet still just as fantastic and modern and vintage all rolled into one, Noaki's bouquets are the way to go. The colors are soft and elegant and, let's be honest, offer a little extra bling for the special day. For most of the bouquets, you supply the brooches and she creates the magic, which, again, is a fantastic way to include those brooches that carry memories and stories. Don't worry, she's not afraid of color, as bouquets can also be found in vivid purples and reds. You must check out her etsy site for more.
The HeirloomBouquet:
This "Tropical Wedding Bouquet" spoke to me and probably everyone who has ever lived at the beach. This bouquet is inspired by Sarah Coventry's Flower Power Collection {google it} and it lives up to the images provoked. Also, most pins are signed, either Sarah Coventry or Coalport. Of course it would make an ideal wedding bouquet but I also imagine it as a centerpiece for an outdoor beach-house dinner party in September. {The Heirloom Bouquet also offers a unique collection of steam-punk flower bouquets in varying themes.}
estherleejewelry:
Did I mention I like purple flower pins? Combined with yellow {fantastic!} and you have the lovely Purple Vintage Brooch bouquet above. Esther Lee reminds us that these bouquets tell a story, as they are often made from family heirlooms or gifts given to the bride. I love the combination of old and new, as well as the use of rhinestone and pearl pieces to enhance the flowers. She does make custom orders, of course, but if you must have the one pictured above, it is ready to ship!
hairbowswonderworld:
Photography Credit: http://clairepennphotography.com/
Photography Credit: MonkeyGraphy
The first picture shown, "Neon Fall" vintage brooch bouquet is created using vintage flower brooches, earrings and clay flowers. It is a statement piece that will go beautifully with any vibrantly colored wedding. This one is also made ready to ship, but not to throw, as hairbowswonderworld smartly reminds us. The placement of the flowers is absolutely perfect and creates a unique harmony of colors. The second picture, "Everlasting Love", I had to include because when I saw it, I did a double take. It's the first one I've seen of purely roses but it also looks incredibly real. She includes everything from metal to lucite roses. This one is custom made so you must convo her before purchasing!
Blooming Brooch Bouquets:
I love the black and white "Midnight in the Garden" bouquet for many reasons. Black vintage flower brooches are hard to come across but they are often the chicest when you do find them. The patterns are perfect and are brilliantly placed. It is described beautifully as a "study in contrasts." From afar you notice the striking black and white but close up you find that each brooch is unique and just happens to fit perfectly in the puzzle. "You are My Sunshine" touches my heart and is a cheery mostly-monochromatic vision. I love the smily-face flower brooch as well as the plaid petals on the left. You can find both bouquets in mini versions on her etsy site. Not only that, but this is a local site. Blooming Brooch Bouquets is based out of Raleigh, NC!
A few little extras about the bouquets seen above:
*They are green! The brooches are vintage and homemade. No flowers were harmed in the making of these bouquets.*They are a little costly {prices vary from $150-$900 depending on size, etc.} but have you checked out the price of regular flower bouquets recently? These will last forever and will make amazing heirlooms for your family. Just remember that when you click "paypal."
*Each flower bouquet comes from an etsy shop {listed again below}. While I tried to detail as much as possible, it would not be fair to leave it at that. To get the whole story, please visit these lovely sites and admire all of their creations.
*A HUGE thank you to everyone who let me use their pictures and creations on my humble blog. I hope I have done you justice.
One more time...Visit their sites:
MousePhotography
TheRitzyRose and The Ritzy Rose
MsSuzyShopper
PosyPoshStudio
Noaki
TheHeirloomBouquet
EstherLeeJewelry
HairBowsWonderWorld
BloomingBroochBouquets
Wow, Karla! I am awed by all the gorgeous eye candy!!! These are truly spectacular, and I am honored to be among them :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Esther Lee
It is an honor to be the Creator Of the 1st Brooch Bouquet first featured in 2006 in Romantic Homes magazine during a photo shoot of my home then they hit the internet 5 yrs ago,
ReplyDeleteI Originated the first Brooch Bouquet 11 yrs ago it has just been handed down to my own daughter
broochbouquets.com Amanda Heer
fb brooch bouquets
This month My Brooch Xmas wreaths are featured in Romantic Homes also we made the Cover of the magazine
ReplyDeleteYou would love My Luggage Xmas Tree made from stacked vintage luggage I love it so much it is up all year
check out the magazine in stores now or on my FB
Hugs Amanda
Thanks, Amanda! I can't wait to check it out!
ReplyDelete