Saturday, November 6, 2010

the find.


this doesn't happen very often. every once in a while I will see a flower pin unlike any that I have seen before, and it will be for sitting in a nice little case, in a nice little thrift store, with a nice little price of $12.00.

this is friday's flower. the picture doesn't do it justice. last year I saw it in a shop, had to have it, then immediately came home to research my find.

the information that is most probable for this flower is that it is a lucite resin flower pin circa...I have no idea! after hours of google-ing, I still have no specific dates.

lucite resin first came around in the 1930's but what does that mean for the flower pin industry??
in the mean time...here are two sites to compare...



one says it's from Germany or Austria...the other says Japan...

help!

2 comments:

  1. I was speaking to a friend who lived in Japan for a long time and she says she has found many like this pin here in little stores there. She says most of them were from Japan, circa the 1950's.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! That does help. There are so many out there with so little information. I am trying to compile as much research on them as possible!

    ReplyDelete