Sunday, November 21, 2010

thrifting.


vintage flower pin turned into fabulous necklace.

found: adelaide's on spring garden.

locally made.

love.

2 comments:

  1. Karla, I am fighting back tears - seeing this picture of the pin necklace flooded me with sweet memories of my mama! She was a lover of pins, necklaces, earrings (ear bobs!), rings, vintage watches - anything that she had received from family, antique stores, passed loved ones (be they family or friends) - she loved and cherished them all. I have numerous boxes (most of those collected and saved, too)with my sweet mama's handwriting describing the contents, who it had belonged to, the year, how she had been fortunate enough to own it, what it was made of - if it had a history, mama put it in writing, and showed her children and grandchildren almost every time one of us went to see her - especially in the later years. I wish now I had slowed down more and listened more intently even though I had seen and heard about them numerous times before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful note! I completely understand about wanting to be able to go back and slow down, and listen more...

    This blog is fun for me because I can research where these flowers came from and have a place to write it all down, but it also is a positive way to keep my mom's memory and love alive...

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete